Seniors Week Concerts
2015 Premier's Seniors Week Gala Concerts
The Premier’s Gala Concerts are popular celebrations for seniors, produced by the NSW Government. The concerts are free for NSW residents aged 60 years or over.
The 2015 Premier's Seniors Week Gala Concerts will be held 17 - 18 March 2015 at the Qantas Credit Union Arena, the venue formerly known as the Sydney Entertainment Centre.
The concerts will be held at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday 17 March - 11.00am (booked out)
- Tuesday 17 March - 4.30pm (tickets still available)
- Wednesday 18 March - 10.30am (booked out)
- Wednesday 18 March - 2.30pm (booked out)
Tickets for individuals were made available through Ticketek from Thursday 22 January, and three of the concerts are now fully booked.
Tickets are still available for the concert at 4.30pm on Tuesday 17 March. Tickets can be booked through the following channels:
- Online - Book your tickets quickly and easily at www.ticketek.com.au/nswseniorsweek
- In person - Tickets may be booked at participating NSW Ticketek outlets or your local Westfield concierge desk.
- By phone - Bookings are available by phoning 1300 130 613.
- Tickets are FREE for NSW residents aged 60 or over.
- There is a limit of 4 tickets per person for the two concerts on Wednesday 18 March.
- There is a limit of 8 tickets per person for the 4.30pm concert on Tuesday 17 March.
- People with a lifelong disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are classified as a senior if they are aged 50 years or over.
- People who use wheelchairs, have limited mobility or are hearing impaired should call 1300 130 613.
- 1300 numbers are charged at the cost of a local call.
- All tickets for registered seniors groups have been allocated, and will be mailed by early February. All groups who applied have been advised on the success of their application shortly. Registered groups can email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- For any general enquiries regarding the Premier’s Gala Concerts, please email email@example.com.
About the show:
- The theme of this year’s concert is VIVA LAS VEGAS.
- In past years, the concerts have celebrated the best of Australian music, popular music and Broadway. In 2015, they will channel 'the big Vegas show' from the years of Frank Sinatra, Elvis and the Rat Pack to today’s showstoppers featuring artists such as Tom Jones, Celine Dion and Elton John.
- The concerts run for approximately 110 minutes, including a 15 minute interval.
- The concert features an Auslan interpreter and the venue has hearing loop seats.
- Public transport is strongly advised and patrons are encouraged to arrive early.
- The NSW Seniors Week Expo will be held alongside the Premier’s Gala Concerts. This will include performances by the NSW Police Band.
- Doors to the venue and the Expo open 90 minutes before each concert.
Please note that Seniors Christmas Concerts are no longer held in Sydney. They are now presented in regional New South Wales.
Visit the NSW Seniors Week Facebook page for an album of photos from the 2014 Seniors Week Gala Concerts (embedded below).