Seniors Week Concerts
2014 Premier's Seniors Week Gala Concerts
The Premier’s Gala Concerts are popular celebrations produced by the NSW Government. The concerts are free for NSW Seniors.
The 2014 Premier's Seniors Week Gala Concerts will be held from 18 - 20 March 2014. The concerts have been expanded from three concerts to five concerts this year, allowing up to 50,000 seniors to attend.
The concerts will be held at Qantas Credit Union Arena, which was formerly named the Sydney Entertainment Centre. Please note that the venue has not changed, only the name of the venue.
The dates and times for the concerts are:
- Tuesday 18 March - 11.00am (BOOKED OUT)
- Tuesday 18 March - 4.30pm (Great tickets still available - book now!)
- Wednesday 19 March - 10.30am (BOOKED OUT)
- Wednesday 19 March - 2.30pm (BOOKED OUT)
- Thursday 20 March - 10.30am (Great tickets still available - book now!)
Tickets may be booked in person at the Qantas Credit Union Arena box office or your local Westfield concierge desk. Bookings are also available by phone 1300 130 613.
The theme of this year's concerts is You Make Me Feel Like Dancing - A Tribute to the Music of the '70s. International superstar Leo Sayer will be the special guest performer. The concerts will be hosted by Australian musical legend Rhonda Burchmore and a stellar local cast, celebrating the music of Neil Diamond, Carole King, ABBA, The Village People, Cat Stevens, The Carpenters, Elton John, The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Barbra Streisand, Barry White, The Jackson 5, Stevie Wonder, Skyhooks and of course – Leo Sayer.
Please note the following:
- Tickets are FREE for NSW residents aged 60 or over.
- Maximum four (4) tickets per person.
- People with a lifelong disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are classified as a senior if they are aged 50 years or over.
People who use wheelchairs, have limited mobility or are hearing impaired should call 1300 130 613.
- 1300 numbers are charged at the cost of a local call.
- The concerts run for approximately 110 minutes, including a 15 minute interval.
- The concert features an Auslan interpreter and the venue has hearing loop seats.
- A concert for registered seniors groups at 11.00am on Tuesday 18 March - 11.00am is already fully booked. Groups who applied will be advised on the success of their application shortly. Registered groups can call the Groups Information Office on 1300 361 106 (cost of a local call) or email email@example.com
Patrons are encouraged to use public transport and arrive early. The NSW Seniors Week Expo will be held alongside the Premier’s Gala Concerts. Doors to the venue and the Expo open 90 minutes before each concert. This will include performances by the NSW Police Band.
For the latest transport information, visit www.transportnsw.info or call the NSW Transport Information Line on 131 500.
This document contains information on Pensioner Excursion Tickets and MyMulti tickets, which include travel on buses, trains, ferries and Metro Light Rail services, and the Special Event Train Timetable for NSW TrainLink Intercity services on the days of the concerts.
People that are blind or have low vision that are unable to access documents regarding public transport information for the Premier’s Gala Concerts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.