Applications for 2017 NSW Seniors Festival event grants are now open.
The deadline for applications has been extended.
Applications now close on Monday 12 September 2016 at 11.59pm.
How do I apply for a grant?
All applications must be submitted online via SmartyGrants.
To apply you will need:
- Project/event details (time, date, venue etc);
- Your proposed project budget
- Your organisation or sponsoring body's bank account details
- Your organisation or sponsoring body's public liability insurance.
Each year, two funding categories are offered to ensure the program is both accessible and relevant to future applicants.
- Tier 1 - up to $1,000 for small-scale community events
- Tier 2 - $1001 – $5,000 for large-scale activities.
Tier 2 grants must be matched by at least 50% of your organisation's own resources. This matched amount can include sponsorship, cash or in-kind contributions such as venue hire, catering and administration costs, and money spent by your own organisation.
About the Grants Program
The NSW Seniors Festival grants program funds events and activities across NSW that help seniors live active, healthy and socially connected lives.
Run by the Department of Family and Community Services, the program provides $200,000 in seed-funding for organisations to hold events for seniors during the annual NSW Seniors Festival.
If you have any questions about the NSW Seniors Festival grants program email the NSW Seniors Festival team or call the Seniors Information Service on 13 77 88 (cost of a local call within Australia).